Cups O'Thoughts
Dear Music,

Consider this my letter of eternal appreciation to you. My symbol of gratitude, my humble offering of love. I can only wish that the day would emerge when schools and other institutions make it law for students to answer their tests and exams by listing the song that they feel would apply to the question most directly. The day when people ask you how you are and you can answer by naming the song that's running through your mind at that moment at that point in time. I hope for this day and I hope for it befall us soon.

I can't even begin to explain the effect that you have had on me. The marvelous, infectious, contagious effect that forces goosebumps on me. That induces shivers up my spine. That lets me fall into moments of spontaneity and bliss. That makes me calm. Oh so calm. 
I know it's awful to get hung up on something, but I have got it so bad for you. Don't blush now, you'll make me giggle. When we're both together, it's a whole other experience. And you know it. You get my ears on cue, my eyes all new and my mind all up in cahoots. You're soothing, you're energizing, you're nostalgic and you're so pure. 
Don't ever change music, don't change one bit. I see that you have your off days. We all do. It's natural. It's organic. But you always seem to come around. And that's what makes you the best thing there is. Yes, even better than carrot cake. Even better than the feeling of wet grass on naked toes. Even better than going through the IKEA catalogue for the first time. 

See you tonight.
From just another human being.

(Heidi)
0 Responses

Post a Comment